Services & Courses
FITS Facilitator Training
The FAA Industry Training Standards Facilitator Course is a six to eight hour course that trains Flight & Ground Instructors to understand the FITS SBT Methodology, its three core concepts and elements within each respectively. This course educates instructors to both understand and apply the FITS SBT Facilitator skills in teaching pilots to learn both flying and thinking skill sets. It is a modern flight training methods skills course and is FAA "Wings" program accepted for 2 credits.
Safety Management System Education & Installment
In September of 2012, the FAA mandated that all Part 121 Operators install a Safety Management Sytem. The FAA warned that this modern safety principle will soon be mandated for Part 135 Air Taxi Operators & Part 141 Approved Flight Schools.
I have written an accepted SMS for flight schools and small helicopter operators. I provide Company wide training for staff members, a Company SMS manual with page & revision control, operational risk management analysis & control forms and a risk assessment matrix.
On going support is included in my services along with annual audits.
The Clarification & Enhancement of Aeronautical Knowledge for Helicopter Pilots Course (C&E) is a full day course covering:
- Aviation Operators Structure
- Expected Industry Practices
- Perceptions & Mentalities
- Comfort & False Confidences
- Missing & Incomplete Training
- Recurrent Training
- Training Enhancement Discussion
- Extended Cross Country Flight Considerations
- ADM & Risk Management Mentality
- Pop Up Mission/Scenario Planning & SRM
This course is FAA "Wings" program accepted for 3 credits.
Other services provided by Mike are:
- UAS operations set up and remote pilot education
- Support for flight schools developing new curriculums
- Pilot mentoring & recommendations
- CFI mentoring & recommendations
- Chief Pilot & CFI pre-hire evaluations
- FAASTeam Wings programs
- On site Safety Culture Development